Skip to page body Home About Us Governing Board For Customers Conservation Contact Us

Intake tower at Sweetwater Reservoir

 Intake tower at
Sweetwater Reservoir

Water delivered to Sweetwater Authority consumers is obtained from a variety of sources. Our customers can expect to receive 70 percent of their water from local water supplies, including the Sweetwater River and the San Diego Groundwater Formation. The remainder, about 30 percent, is obtained from imported water sources.

Sweetwater Authority owns and operates Loveland Reservoir, Sweetwater Reservoir, deep freshwater wells and brackish water wells. The water is treated at the Robert A. Perdue Water Treatment Plant in Spring Valley and the Richard A. Reynolds Groundwater Desalination Facility in Chula Vista.

Sweetwater Authority is deeply involved in programs to protect its water sources, and continually investigates ways to increase its local supplies of water. Programs include tracking development, watershed outreach and education, urban runoff diversion and treatment, and studies of aquifer storage. Learn more through the links on the left. Contact Communications at (619) 409-6721 for additional information.

Last updated: 7/1/2010 2:52:28 PM